Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What is Sacrifice? A voice for Equality!

I can be one touch chica, but when it comes to equality, something I am very passionate about, tears and emotion tend to run freely. When I pushed play on the posted video, I was not prepared for the exquisite beauty of this 86 year-olds words.  I was not prepared to feel honor and pride not just for his own heroic actions but for his steadfast love and devotion for his family.

Not only am I proud to have this man as an elder, respected for his experience, his life, his sacrifice and his beliefs, I am proud he feels the same way about his son and the meaning of his own experiences. If I could meet him in person,I would surely smother this man in hugs.  He has touched my heart and I am filled with a renewed sense of hope.

We are all equal and deserve, by the very nature of being human, the right to live and breath in freedom and with the ones we love.  This means also being equally protected in our desired unions – a.k.a. marriages.

Read the story here: Opposing Views: NEWS:86-Year-Old WWII Vet Talks Sacrifice, Gay Marriage in Maine

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment