Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lesbian/ Bisexual Musicians

I’m not hooked on anything in particular, right now.  I have musical angst, right now, and it’s awful.  I can’t listen to one group/artist for more than ten minutes.  It’s the worst thing, ever.  All I want to do is play my flute, but as soon as I do, I don’t want to anymore.

Oh, right, this isn’t supposed to be about me.  I’m sorry, guys, I think I’m just really conceited.  I can’t help it.

 

So, I read this article about Bianca Casady.  It was about why she cross dresses.  And she talked a lot about how she was shocked that she was left unscathed despite her very obvious gayness.  But, you know what I think?  I don’t know of many female artists that have been torn apart because of their sexuality.  For serious.

Look at Ani Difranco!  Not only was she NOT torn apart for being bisexual, but when she married a man her fans were disgusted.  If anything, she was torn apart for marrying a man!

Truthfully, Ani Difranco is the only other lesbian/bisexual musician I can think of.  But, I mean, I think it’s because she’s a woman.  I mean, if she were a man, what then?  I think she would’ve been torn apart by fans and haters alike.

Same thing for Bianca, who wears a MUSTACHE most of the time.  Please don’t call me close minded for bringing this up, it just occurred to me because I read that article.

Actually, fuck, go ahead and call me close minded.  Do it, I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment