Monday, October 12, 2009

Buttered Up and Ready to Go!

Howdy and Welcome to Craig On Toast!

I’ve been following a few bloggers for a while now and recently started a job in the wacky world of the interweb and figured hey, you know what, I think it’s time I warmed up and spread my own unique sense of love and madness too! Great idea right..then it begins, what do I blog about, how do I do it, what do I do it with and the scariest question..will they like me? Aarrgghh!! (thank the forces of the universe that I had a lot of help so here I am)

I was genuinely stuck for an idea to start with until I went to a photo shoot a few days ago that was for an awesome cause and it struck me..what a great way to kick off.. unusual, topical, community focussed and makes me sound waay interesting….well you can make your own judgement on that!

There’s a great anti homophobia campaign running in Australia called “This Is Oz”. It’s bought together an amazing variety of sports players (even footballers), politicians, artists, musicians, celebrities and the fabulously unfamous amongst us to spread the anti gay message and create greater unity and fight intolerance in our communities.

The campaign is publicised through an ever growing online gallery and involves having your picture taken with your own message of love and friendship, what being gay means to you (regardless of your preference), how damaging intolerance is and show much better the world will be without the sad trivialities of prejudice.

I had the pleasure of joining the This Is Oz team backstage to photograph the cast of Ave Q ( think musical + muppets + sesame street + acid + twisted humour = Wickedly funny) for the campaign. Being a muppet lover I was like a kid meeting Elmo! The cast were awesome, the puppets had me in love, the messages were fantastic and it was too much fun. (and yes, for those of you asking..i did take the opportunity to spread my own message!).

Take the time to check out the campaign, www.thisisoz.om.au you may even be inspired to join the online gallery and send in your special message from across Australia and the globe.

Thanks for listening,

Break out the butter, i’ll be back real soon!

Craig On Toast (served best with peanut butter)

(phew, first post done..that’s the easy bit right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment