Friday, November 13, 2009

How to Meet a Lesbian if You're Shy

     Being shy and trying to meet women is definitely challenging. Most of us are shy at times, depending on the circumstances. I can be outgoing and I can be shy, depending on the people in the crowd, the situation and the amount I have had to drink. I can’t be certain, but I think a shy person invented alcohol. Bravo!

     As a shy person when it comes to meeting women, I have decided that singles mixers offer one of the best ways to connect. The name tags help a lot. Unfortunately I suffer from that disease that makes you immediately forget her name within seconds of being introduced. All she has to do is look into my eyes, and I even forget my own name. It’s scary the power women wield. Am I alone in this regard?

     The other good thing about a singles mixer is that everyone is single and looking, which greatly increases your odds. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. No pun intended with that fish reference. And no, I don’t like guns either, so back off already.

     The downside of a singles mixer is that you still have to find a way to speak to her, less you appear mute or uninteresting. When it comes to talking to women, if you’re shy, you need only find a suitable open-ended question. Most women I know can carry on a conversation all by themselves if you get them started with a suitable topic. Then as long as you show interest in what they’re saying, you’re off to a great start. For example, if I were attending a mixer tonight I might ask her, “What do you think about Palin’s new book? ” Or if she doesn’t seem the brainy/political type, I might ask her who she thinks will win Dancing With the Stars. Do you have pets is another favorite question of mine, as lesbians love to talk pets almost as much as they enjoy talking politics and sports.

     Another good way to meet lesbians if you are shy is on an internet dating sites. Granted, the women NEVER look like their photo, or worse they look exactly like the terrible picture posted. I know. I’m being superficial. But we are talking dating, right. There has to be some spark to get the engine started.

     When all else fails, the shy lesbian can join a group, like a writer’s group or book club. This is a good way to meet someone with similar interests. It is a non-threatening way to get to know other lesbians without all the pressure of more typical dating scenarios where you feel the need to be charming and beautiful all at once. No one needs that much pressure. The main drawback about the group-joining strategy is that many of the women you meet will be in a relationship already. Your odds aren’t as good when joining groups as far as the number of single women available, but at least you’ll meet women you have something in common with, who may have single friends.

     My final secret weapon for meeting women is to take your “cutest” puppy for a walk in the park. If your dog is fat and ugly and farts a lot, then borrow a friend’s cute puppy. She will be glad to have someone walk it for her and you can totally score with an adorable canine. Lesbians get all gooey over puppies.

     These are all tried and true techniques for meeting lesbians. Whatever you do, use them. My favorite is the puppy technique, as I discovered it purely by accident. Imagine my surprise when I took my dachshund puppy for a walk and had at least twenty women approach me to talk. One of them even joined me walking halfway around the park with me. She was straight, but I was married at the time, so it worked out fine for both of us.

     Remember, taking action is critical for results. If you sit around analyzing these techniques, you’re wasting time. Unless you know of a way to have a lesbian fall into your lap, you’ll have to make some effort. Remember to listen and ask her questions and you’ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment