Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Night Walked Down The Sky With The Moon In Her Hand...

Nov 3rd 2009

Today was a most glorious day indeed!

The sunset took my breath away this evening! The sky was so radiant and beautiful, all I could do is just stand there, looking up in awe…I was deeply touched by how magnificent it was! And on my way home, the moon was most splendid also! I considered myself very fortunate to have a moon roof so I could be completely covered in moonlight…I felt it was a precious gift from the Divine Spirit, and I found myself very content and happy with my life and the world around me…

My recovery is getting stronger by the day, hence, so am I…I’m discovering that my recovery from sex and love addiction is the most phenomenal thing in my life…I’m becoming most protective of it…It may take a while to reach my desired destination…But it’s definite that when I’ve had enough of a situation and eventually I always do…That’s when I get over everything and everybody involved, completely…And beyond that point there is absolutely no going back for me ever again!

No pain, no childhood experiences or circumstances, not sex, nor any person is to strong to overcome, when the Divine and I work together…For today, I’ve been blessed with enough inner strength to have peace of mind, and recognize the beauty within me, and around me…

The Promises of SLAA are…

  1. We will regain control of our lives.
  2. We will begin to feel dignity and respect for ourselves.
  3. The loneliness will subside and we will begin to enjoy being alone.
  4. We will no longer be plagued by an unceasing sense of longing.
  5. In the company of family and friends, we will be with them in body and mind.
  6. We will pursue interests and activities that we desire for ourselves.
  7. Love will be a committed, thoughtful decision rather than a feeling by which we are overwhelmed.
  8. We will love and accept ourselves.
  9. We will relate to others from a state of wholeness.
  10. We will extend ourselves for the purpose of nurturing our own or another’s spiritual growth.
  11. We will make peace with our past and make amends to those we have hurt.
  12. We will be thankful for what has been given us, what has been taken away, and what has been left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment