Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quoting Jesus (Health Care Reform)

Driving home this evening I was flipping through radio stations, and stumbled across a commentary about health care reform on a right-wing, radio talk show…Go figure right! What I heard was appalling, of course…The man was encouraging voters to fight H.C. reform in various ways…Which in a democracy is perfectly acceptable after all…I might not agree, but I firmly support the freedom of ‘thinking, intelligent people’ nonetheless…Otherwise, hmmm not so much actually…Therefore it wasn’t suprising that the man was pandering to people’s ignorance…Saying, stand up and fight for freedom (Freedom=Which he irrationally feels is being threatened of course) against the evil, despicable Obama administration and the rest of the democratic party…These people who spew forth their family values and are so pathetically dense to actually believe this great country, the U.S.A. is infalliable…HA!!! I find it ironic these right-wing, God-fearing, republicans fight so hard to strip away my human rights at every turn…They consider it their duty! Meanwhile, neither human rights nor my dignity is safe among these folks…How dare I be A woman who can only fall in love with another woman, because this poses some sort of threat to these individuals in which I speak of..Pardon me, but this notion is asinine to say the least…How these cantankerous people become what our society accepts as God’s supposed representatives is something I’ll never understand? It’s pure evil and it just goes to show how off kilter humanity has become…Harmony is impractical among these wicked people, so expecting anything different from them would be foolish after all…

Fuck! I probably should have just turned the station…But I didn’t!  Because it’s like seeing a disaster coming ahead, and you can’t look away! And so it goes…The man just kept talking, utter stupidity! He started using God as a threat! To make a long story short it was basically if you supported health care reform then God’s wrath is upon your head…For 1, I CAN’T BELIEVE people still fall for this shit! And for 2, I actually happen to know the Holy Bible thoroughly! And I wonder what they’re thinking, when believe that denying any human being the care they need is consistent with morality, virtue, righteousness, honor, integrity, principles and decency? Aren’t they aware of what Jesus said after all? The words speak for themselves and they’re very easy to understand…

“On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, “Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me.” Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, “Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me.” These will ask Him, “When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?” And Jesus will answer them, “Whatever you neglected to do unto one of the least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment