Monday, September 28, 2009

Boston on a Saturday Night

I believe I’ve established the fact that I love Boston.  I grew up in NY and spent time in Manhattan, but seriously..no comparison for me, I prefer Boston.  But anyway Saturday night we had tickets to  a preseason Bruins game, so we went into town for dinner then the game,  got off the T at downtown  crossing and bummed around a little…downtown crossing is primarily huge department stores and carts selling dead things on a stick

                                                 

while walking over to the Garden we got to watch the finish of a few hundred speeding cyclists right though the center of town.  Those  people are brave, there zooming along at about 40mph in a crowd of about 50 other cyclists crammed in a 15 foot wide lane…if one person falls or clips another imagine what a colossal human pile up that would create?  I’m sticking with running seems less dangerous…we ended up having dinner at a place called Hurricane O’Reillys, it was alright, primarily I was there to drink beer not to eat so much.  And trust me its hard to go to restaurants and try to find some decent vegetarian food, plus no dairy, OY Ive got to bring my own garden burgers!

On to the Bruins and ice hockey.  We had fantastic seats, the same seats we had for the Madonna concert

                                                         

7 rows off of the ice!  Currently I am begging my girlfriend to get us tickets for the Halloween game, its on Saturday afternoon….what a blast!  As we were watching the game, my horrible sistah kept texting me about how the Red Sox were losing to NY…I cannot care about baseball when I am seeing ice hockey, there is just no possible way, hockey gets 100% of the attention.  We ended up leaving during the third period,,being that my girlfriend is willing to go to the Halloween game I am thinking she enjoyed herself, it was alot of fun and we had many good chuckles!

 

We watched the Patriots win yesterday…yeah, pretty much who cares.  Then watched the remake of Pelham 123…the original was a fantastic movie, this new one with John Travolta was alright, and Im not one of those people who think all originals are better then remakes (johnny Depp as Willy Wonka fabulous) but it just seemed to be missing something…cant figure out what it is though and dont care enough to try.

Kettlebell workout yesterday was good, got the hour cardio in then, being there were really no new people in class (Sunday is an introductory class) out instructor worked us like he does in Thursdays class, in other words, I am sore.  He worked the legs heavy introducing a new hammie stretch….I am feeling it today, still looking forward to the home workout tomorrow, I am starting to see more improvements in my strength and even in my endurance, although I believe the endurance and how I feel during my workouts have alot to do with cutting out meat.  I’m telling you eat no meat or dairy for 2 weeks and I will guarantee you will fell better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment