Monday, September 28, 2009

I Gave Up Smoking

The Champix work.  Mind you, you do need a good support network around you because if you are in a social situation in the first week it is not easy, but it is not that  hard either.  I really didn’t have that must have desire for the cigs that I have had for the last 35 years!!!  But Champix do have their side affects and I had some.

The nausea was pretty easy, I knew it was the tabs doing it so it was mind over matter.  The downers were a bit harder.  The instructions say they can be depressing.  I think my friends were more right by saying to me you are just having a downer because of the meds and it’s ok.  I let myself wallow a couple of times, hey there is nothing wrong with a  good cry!  Afterwards I got going and got on with my day just fine.  It’s more just being aware of whats going on with you.

They worked for me.  It’s been two weeks now, I have just converted to weeks from days and it feels so good.   I have had a couple of cigs.  I was sick and they were the only thing I could keep down, it was more of a comfort thing than a need.  A friend gave me some advice in the first week.  She said just because you might have one ciggie you are not a smoker again, it doesn’t mean you have to keep smoking.  She was right, I have had a couple but they are not doing anything for me so there is no need for them.

I feel better already.  I have noticed the difference in my  skin already.  I have been told it may take up to 18 months before I notice some physical changes for the better, but hey it can only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment