Saturday, September 26, 2009

How we three came to be (part 1)

One of the questions I get most often from the select few who know about Jack, Kate, and myself, is: how does that happen?

A good question, for sure. It’s a huge (and often complicated) leap to go from friends to lovers…one that people are often not willing to make. For us, the transition evolved over about a month, after one fateful night between Kate, myself, and a grandiose amount of alcohol.

Jack and our kids were out-of-town for the weekend, so I went to stay with Kate, who was simply my good friend at the time. She and that one guy had split up about a month earlier, and instead of renewing the lease on their place she chose to move herself and her 4-year-old to a fresh place to start over.

We moved boxes, unpacked, talked, and drank for hours. The subject of bisexuality had come up a few times before in our friendship. I knew that Kate had briefly had girlfriends in her teenage years, and she knew that I’d had one brief experience but wished I had the chance to explore that side of myself more.

As far as I can remember Jack always knew that I found girls attractive. It wasn’t something that either of us saw as a threat, nor something that would actually play any part in our married lives. Guess we were wrong on that one!

Recently Jack and I had talked about the subject, and he was aware that I had a crush on Kate. He liked to tease me about it and jokingly said to go for it if I ever got the chance. (Careful what you wish for, Jack-o!)

So late into the night we gave up the unpacking and crawled into bed to watch some French film excuse for smut. Kate has a fabulous penchant for foreign film that is more erotic than enlightening.

Franky, I was too drunk to be reading the subtitles or following any thin plot, and so – feeling frisky and inebriated I slapped her on the ass. Hard.

She yelped a bit, laughed, and got revenge by tweaking my nipple. We looked at each other, laughing, and I said, “Oh, you know you’re trouble.” To which she readily agreed, saying, “Yes, yes I am. And you like it.”

It’s unfortunate that the alcohol erased the sequence of that night’s events from my mind. What I can remember is an exciting, nerve-wracking, stripping, fumbling, groping, licking, touching few hours of exploration. Shirts and bras came off, but we remained a bit modest in keeping our pajama pants on and grinding against each other that way.

It was obvious we both wanted to be there, but had some reservations about crossing this line in our relationship. Really, there is no going back.

Hours later, horny, exhausted, and dizzy from the alcohol and the new emotions – we slept – briefly. I woke up before seven and left. Kate was still asleep, I felt the beginnings of a wicked headache, and I needed to get myself together before I could talk to her again.

We did chat later that day on the computer, each of us assuring the other that we were ok, and that this could be a big deal or didn’t have to be. Kate left it up to me to decide if I would tell Jack or not. Even though he had given me permission in a sense, I was still worried about how he would feel.

Thinking about doing something and having it actually happen tend to be two very different things.

Eventually I did tell Jack let Jack know what was going on, but that’s another story for another day!

 Looking for more? Check this out.

Photo: Bing - Kate and I are both much more gifted in the boob department than these two, but they still make a lovely visual, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment