Friday, October 16, 2009

10.15 | 9.34 p.m.

If I posted yesterday, I would’ve said that what made my day was Jacqui Banaszynski- my journalistic hero and Pulitizer Prize- winner- said she thought my NCLB article was excellent. That’s right. She even sought out my editor to tell her. That’s it. I’m done. I don’t even need my degree.

What made my day today was drinking $1 margaritas with Erica and Brittni tonight at El Maguey’s. Sure, I can’t go out tonight because I have so much homework I need to make up. I probably won’t go out tomorrow night either.

But, I believe in taking some time for your mental health. Really, are a couple hours going to make a difference in how much I get done in the end? No. I’d probably spend a total of that amount doing stupid, non-productive stuff anyway just because I have a hard time focusing on one task for so long.

There’s so much to do to make up for these two weeks, but I’m okay with it. I randomly ran into one of the girls from the trip today and it made me so happy. I don’t expect to see most of them randomly on campus much, which is disappointing. So, it’ll be nice to see them next week at our last class, even though having class is lame.

The point is, you can always make time for friends in the midst of work. I don’t believe in using that as an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment