Friday, March 19, 2010

First Date-- Success!

Well, I think it’s safe to say the first (official) date was a success!  I brought her flowers, which she seemed to like, and then took her to dinner.  We ate and chatted a bit, then went back to (her) campus for some coffee.  We did the cute (but not annoying PDA-filled) couple thing for a bit at the coffee shop and then headed to Alice in Wonderland (which, on a completely different subject, is amazing.  If you haven’t seen it, you should get on that.)  After the movie we ummm…. passed some time at her place before hanging out with mutual friends for a while.  After time with friends we went back to her place and I left after pancakes the next morning.

*Sigh*.  It just feels good, you know?  I’m not head-over-heels or anything, but I still can’t help but get that warm feeling when she texts me, or get excited when she shoots me an email, and I definitely can’t shake the ridiculously cliché butterflies when I see her.  When I see her… I know, really I do, that physicality is not (nor should it be) everything, however, if I could kiss her from the moment she entered the room to the moment someone forced us apart I would… in fact, we’ve been finding it very hard to walk and/or arrive places on time.    In order to walk somewhere together we have to be standing relatively close and if we’re standing closely… bad things happen.  (Well, “bad”, anyway.)

So short version: it went well.  There will definitely be more dates, in fact I’m her date to a thing next weekend I believe.  In the meantime… “long” distance dating sucks.  It’s only a 30 min difference normally, longer than that now while I’m on break.  But life is busy and a 30 min difference means only seeing her once, maybe twice a week which is obviously unfortunate.  Alas, the woes of young “love” or at least sizable infatuation…

Any words, thoughts, advice (as always), bring ‘em on!

[Via http://skinnyjeanlipstics.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment