Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fear and Loathing (part 2)

K came down to where i sat on the tar next to the car. she bent down, centimetres away from my face, screaming at me. “You’re pathetic! Do you know what A says ab out you?” I calmly asked “tell me”

K continued shouting like a maniac, right up in my face. “She’s only friends with you because she feels sorry for you you know why you don’t have a mate? You’re pathetic! Grow up! “

A managed to convince  K to get away from me and the went back to the stairs. i wasn’t crying, nor resorting to throwing insults back at K. at some stage i went back to check on A.  i asked if we could leave but once again she asked me to wait. it was obvious K wouldn’t let her go. i asked for the car keys so that i could wait inside, but really i wanted to get my own car/house keys so i could make my escape if i needed to.  k shouted at me :”leave! just fuck off! all i ever gave you was friendship and you turned your back on me.” i calmly reminded her that she never really was a friend to me and walked to the car where i got my keys  and waited outside. A’s eyes were red from crying.

the shouting continued, you could hear K across the parking lot, yet  a bystander told me to go get my friend out of the situation. i went back to them and asked K to please let A go. their conversation wasn’t ? i asked calmly looking her right in the eye.  ”lets go” i told A. she seemed unable to move, telling me she’d be there soon, looking scared. i was too scared to physically take her by the hand and pull her out. scared it might push K over the edge…

(c) lowercase v, 2010

[Via http://lowercasev.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment