Friday, March 12, 2010

Sarah and Veronica interview in VISTO magazine - Part 1

Sarah and Veronica interview in VISTO magazine no:11 - Part 1 (as translated by Sa Lamb on AfterEllen)

Zia Flavia introduces the girls, sitting tight on the same sofa, holding hands and smiling to each other, ready for  the interview.

Q.: how was your first week together outside the House

S: Having her “free” is awesome but sometimes I regret not having within “remote control range”. We can’t be together as much as I wish. Our commitments keep us apart and even when in the same town we have to sleep in different hotels. I can’t wait to have a house to serve as common basis

V.: I’m fine with whatever as long as we’re together, Sa’! (to Flavia then): first days outside have not been very positive. I was scared, knew that I would receive attacks (..) and couldn’t imagine the positive turmoil around Sarah and myself. (..) Second best moment since I came out, the first being embracing Sarah again of course, has been Visto videochat: reading all those messagges of love, ppl getting emotional on the phone, ppl saying they could smile again thanks to us.. I couldn’t believe it. Then I did something good while in there, didn’t I?

Q: Let’s talk about “the Dream”, define it yourself

V: Il Sogno is our special relationship, our love, something we called sogno to express ourself freely but in code (to avoid someone could soil it for gealousy as it happened) inside the House. Il Sogno is something we can’t express in words b/c it goes beyond. It’s a huge, immense feeling, like a mighty river that runs through me bringing joy and energy everywhere. I can’t describe how I feel just standing next to Sarah, the strenght coming from holding her hands, knowing that She is and always be by my side.

S.: In my intentions, at first, Sogno was just a code word standing for the way I got carried away  by her. I made it up without thinking. Right after Christmas I told Veronica about a dream I had in which we were together, fighe (pl.) da paura, and showed our love in public without fear. This dream got her enthusiastic and so the joke about “dream about me” started.

Q.: your dream turned into the dream thousands of ppl around the world share. It has become some kind of ideal, a way of life ppl can mirror themselves into. Someone even described it as  “a turning point in Italian television”. Do you realize that?

V.: Mamma mia, what a responsability! I don’t know if I can keep up with it, what should I do now? I wasn’t thinking about what I was doing , while in the House. I have just been myself, in fact I’ve been too much explicit in showing my emotions.   The only thing I can promise is that I’ll stay the person I am, that I’ll be the first to keep dreaming and that I’ll keep the dream alive, helped by thosewho love me and, above all, Sarah.

S: (to Vero) Don’t worry, I feel I have a lot of strenght and I’ll pass it on you. You don’t have to do anything special, just be the wonder (“meraviglia” like that “meravijioso” to describe NYE kiss, remember?) you are. I think the Sogno concept is something going beyond us, whatever happened or will be between us. Il Sogno it’s a shared ideal of freedom to love and express love without masks in the name of conventions. We never did that so far, why should we start now? I even got myself naked on pics b/c I don’t have anything to hide or be ashamed of..I could never fake emotions or worse deny them. Easy, Vero, as far as neither of us start pretending, il Sogno will never end. But it’s important to me saying that I’m not, nor  feel like, a gay icon.  

(to be continued)

[Via http://brookefraser.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment