Monday, March 15, 2010

You can't use a pitchfork to unload bowling balls

San Diego airport has free wifi!  I love free wifi.  I’m also exhausted.  August through November was a time of great complacency for me.  I felt nothing, thought nothing, cared about nothing, and got fat.  Life has been so much more LIFE since then.  Right now, after the whirlwind of the December – now I’m so tired.  It worries me I may fall into the complacency trap.

Counterintuitively I’m thinking about giving up coffee/redbull.  IDK.  I need to put some more thought into this.  Constant change is required or I get…boring.  And if I don’t screw this up with Cuba I think I’m going to settle into a (okay breathe, you can type this) monogamous (oh god so hard not to put a qualifier into that) not constantly cruising type of relationship.  So I will have to cultivate uncertainty elsewhere.

Current lifestyle experiment: 2 months pescatarian (is too a word spellcheck), 2 months vegetarian, 2 months vegan.  I’m 3 weeks (almost 4) into stage 1.  Stage 2 should be rather doable.  Stage 3 might cause me health problems.  By then I should be more educated on what I put on my mouth and stand a better chance at survival.

On a totally mundane(er) note: I want to start my garden next weekend.  Being in California has reinvigorated my desire to eat that which I have myself cultivated.

Currently reading: Choke by Chuck Palahniuk.

Just finished reading: The Female of the Species: Tales of Mystery and Suspense by Joyce Carol Oates (who I love dearly).

Was recommended by host from Project Awesome: The Mind’s I: Fantasies and reflections on self and soul. This will be my next pushing myself read.

On a gay note: Went out to a hookah bar with my Project Awesome host and some of his friends. So many, many gay girls…whose eye I caught/was caught. Yay! Have now moved to feeling bad for straight boys in SD.  The straight girls dress mighty gay and it must be confusing for them.

Also.  Want to hear the joke I heard yesterday?  What did the doctor prescribe the lesbian? Answer: trydickagain.  Uhm….are you fucking serious?  Also…I don’t get it.  It’s a little bit hypocritical for me to be offended as my current favorite joke is this:

Q: What’s the difference between a dead baby and a gerbil?

A: I’ve never had a dead baby up my ass.

Yeah, I find dead baby jokes funny.  And I know far more of them than is appropriate for a classy lady such as myself.

[Via http://untilthewheelsfalloff.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment