Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fear and Loathing (part 1)

i’ve been postponing writing about the night of 5 march 2010. because perhaps some of it is still jumbled in my mind and it hard to find the words. one thing i do know is one day i’m going to use this episode in a movie or a novel.

last friday night i went with my friend A (the one whom i had/have feelings for) to a girl party. we met up with joburg friends, a couple, and had quite a good time. i even met a beautiful girl who i danced with and kissed.

at some point during the evening K showed up (K is the girl who kissed A right in front of me, the one she had the affair with) “hey i’m k, we used to be friends”. i politely greeted her without making much fuss and then set off to the bathroom to find A and warn her that K was there. when i turned around K was behind me. i scurried of letting them be. flirting with “my girl”. dancing with my friends.

at times when A was outside i’d sms her aski ng “is this what you want”

later A indicated that we’d leave soon. and that i should get ready. she went outside on the terrace to talk to K, apparently telling her things were over for good.

i went to say goodbye to the girl and take her number. i went to the terrace to tell A i got the number (immature i know, but it doesn’t happen often and i was excited) they were still talking and A asked me to wait outside in the foyer. i waited for a while. went inside for some reason and went i got back to the foyer they were outside the door and i walked out to them.

i dropped my key and bent to pick it up. K blocked them with her foot. i asked her to please move her foot and picked them up.

K shouted at me: “I’m gonna tell S (A’s gf) everything! I’m gonna tell her your in love with A!” i looked at A and shock, not sure if K’s words have registered with her. feeling that i have lost already i told K “so, tell her.”

A looked like she just wanted to run away from everything and asked me to wait in the foyer. i sat on the couch for a while watching people going in and out of the club. the were fighting on the staircase, or rather K was fighting. i then decided to wait down by A’s car. i wished that i had driven myself…

(C)lowercase v, 2010

[Via http://lowercasev.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment