Friday, October 9, 2009

Elle's adventures: New York - Drop it like it's hot

We’ve packed Elle of to take a round the world trip. She started in New York and travelling alone has ensured she has encountered thrills aplenty. We’re not sure when she’s coming back, but we have been assured her trip will take in LA, Fiji, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Kyoto and Kenya. This is no ordinary travel diary, dear reader…

Drop it like it’s hot Oh. My. God.

I’m not here five minutes and the most bizarre thing happens. So there I am complaining about the fact that my room in the W New York is not available for habitation, and I’ve been waiting an hour in a frankly horrific lobby of New York’s finest hotel with free drinks and peanuts (hard, I know) and so I hear this comedy American accent in the background saying, ‘Is there a problem here?’

I turn around as I’m mid highly-affect British accent rant, and who should be standing there but Snoop Dogg. Yes – he, my favourite rap star since Betty Boo. (look it up on t’interweb Louise and Mum). I promptly come over as if I’ve just seen Kylie in her pants and stand open-mouthed gawping at him and his huge man-mountain homies (for protection from me, I assume).

He says to the guy at the desk that he’s really sorry for holding up the room, turns to me and says ‘I’m real sorry m’aam, I hope it’s all Ok now’ and then walks off after saying ‘have a nice day now’ and his man-mountains half smile and grunt at me.

I’m left standing looking somewhat bemused and the guy at the desk says, you come down tomorrow and we’ll get your breakfast – and the room is taken care of.

Urm. SO that means that the leg-end that is Snoop has no doubt had a dirty bad-ass mutha bling gangsta time in MY ROOM! He’s had beyatches and hos taking crack in MY BED! Good grief. I walked in and looked for some ice, grills and er, something else vaguely hip hop, but couldn’t find anything. Nice room though. I could have sworn there was a faint whiff of can-ar-bis, but perhaps my imagination and jet-lag playing up.

How ‘fly’ is that, homies?

No comments:

Post a Comment