Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Drugs over Marriage: The insanity of voting for the right of one person to marry

So yesterday, a majority of Mainers voted to not allow their fellow Gay Mainers the right to marry.  I think voting on rights is ridiculous to begin with, but when I think of the people who fought for this discrimination – organizations like NOM who are not even IN Maine… it makes my blood boil!  What right does the majority have to tell another adult citizens who they can marry.  AND I guarantee the reason they voted the way they did was because of the damn propaganda of “its the children” and because of religion – and one religion in particular!  Oooh I am so upset this morning I can’t even tell you.

AND not only does it bother me that a majority of Mainer’s voted against marriage, but they also in 1998 voted FOR the use of medical marijuana.  Now tell me this – how does allowing the legal distribution of drugs NOT affect people.   Did anyone argue for the children then? Did anyone spread lies? Did anyone say it was against their religion?  Probably NOT! or Probably not as loud as they do about marriage.  Don’t get me wrong, I think marijuana is fine and I don’t see a problem with it.  I just find the Hypocrisy of allowing drugs to be ok in a state but not protecting your citizens from discrimination and the hardships NOT being married comes with is ridiculous.

What of the children of the Gay couples?  What of the partners who are refused visiting rights? What of the legal ramifications dealing with testifying all the way to property rights?  Right now, and today, I am one more step farther from being happy with where I live and with American’s in general who have the F*&king Audacity to vote away the security and safety of a minority of other Americans.  It downright disgusts me.

Disgusts me!

No comments:

Post a Comment