Monday, February 15, 2010

Blush!

This weekend was all about visiting places I’ve always wanted to, even talked about, visiting but just never have.  I stopped in at Blush! Wine Bar in the heart of the Castro and although I have a mixed review of the place I do think I’ll return and enjoy the ambiance and a glass of Riesling again.  Here are my thoughts…

  • Decor.  Blush! is super cute, small but quaint, and very relaxing.  It’s great for a date or a little conversation before the rest of the night.  The bar area is very cozy and I love the candles all about.  Nice touch.
  • Wine selection.  This a wine bar so I was paying attention to the options.  The wines seem very good quality and there are tons of options.  I’m a big Reisling fan and the one I selected was from Germany and was very fruity and very tastey.
  • Price.  Let’s face it, it’s in the Castro.  $9 for a glas of wine, my bottle of Riesling was $36.  I thought that was kind of high, but it’ s the only wine bar in Castro proper and until someone gives them some competition they can charge whatever they want right?

The only bad thing I have to say about Blush! is that I was sorely dissappointed, in fact almost insulted, but the entree I paid $12 for.  It was supposed to be spicy Kobe Beef.  Whatever it was, it looked like cat food, didn’t taste very good, the portion was so dismal, even a cat couldn’t have got their fill.  I saw appetizer plates for way cheaper that had twice as much food so I was perplexed.  Here’s by beef with Kobe Beef:  Don’t call a plate an entree when it’s barely an appetizer.  Especially don’t call it an entree when it’s not even a snack.  :-(

I will return to Blush! because I did enjoy myself and I love the atmosphere but I eat dinner there again I don’t think.  David and I decided to just load up on and share some appetizers.  At least that way I won’t have to go get some pizza afterwards so my stomach will stop growling, even after dropping $60 on what I thought was going to be “dinner”.

You can visit the Blush! website here.

[Via http://mikesdailyblog.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment