Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Portia's on the Advocate, and Glenn Beck's crying... again.



Glenn Beck

I’d like to start off by saying the world is a slightly better place today, well,  unless you’re driving in front of a Toyota, I suppose. But I digress, one of my least favourite Fox News hosts (of which, admittedly, there are many), Glenn Beck, has had all of the ads pulled from his show for five straight days in the UK. NO, it’s not because his fans just can’t sit through a minute and a half of suspense to see what he shreiks about next, the reasoning goes a little more like this:

We in no way want to promote the hateful rhetoric of Mr. Glenn Beck, and therefore take this matter very seriously,” said Dino Balzano, director of advertising at Concord Music Group, parent company of Hear Music, in an email to ColorOfChange.org.

I wonder how long his show will last now – also, does anyone else get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside when a Fox News host gets what was coming to them?

Anyway, I just wanted to start off on a good foot. Now, a little disclaimer; I’ve been gone for a fair while, and a lot has gone on in the mean time, so the next couple of posts may either be very confusing (for those of you who rely on my as your sole source of sarcastic gay news), or overly explained – email me when you start getting pissed off, and we’ll figure something out.

Portia is on the cover of The Advocate, and she’s getting an HRC award. I love Portia, and I think that we should all grab a coffee, snuggle in, and look at a couple clips of Portia being, well, Portia – she is winning an award just for being her lovable self, let’s not forget.

If you do a quick Google search (which, by the way, is how I get all my impressive-looking information), you’ll notice that this isn’t the first time Portia’s graced the front of The Advocate:

September 2005, I think

Issue 1016 - Whenever that was.

Then there was the wedding, which I’m sure we all spent countless hours scouring the Internet for photos (if you didn’t, just humour me, I can’t get those hours back):

Then there was that time when Portia schooled the annoying Republican from The View on what equal rights really mean:

Here’s her behind the scenes footage at The Advocate photo shoot:

Now, if you don’t feel like a bit of a stalker after getting to this point, then, well, you’ve made me feel better about myself, because I kind of do. What all of this is trying to say is; Portia, we love you. Never change.

Have some clips, photos, or whatever else (if it’s a sex tape, you are both godlike and creepy.) that you think will make Portia look even better, or Glenn Beck look even worse, comment below or drop me a line.

Lauren.

[Via http://laurenpettigrew.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment