Monday, February 15, 2010

untitled her

a poem…

untitled her

I’m tired of swimming in love

& drowning in her.

She’s looking for him

& I can’t find a replacement

or even a look-a-like

to fill the space she refuses to fit.

It’s in her eyes

but she has it avoid her lips,

so how can mine even travel there?

Not that there’s a need,

I know she hears it in half my words

feels it in my every touch,

why else venture to daydream,

“naked you’re still a girl.”

It’s the sex that scares her

a fear I can’t quiet

a desire I can’t embrace.

So a could be lover is trapped

in the shell of best friend;

in love with the impossible

and still seeking that replacement

or just a look-a-like,

someone else to place

the burden of my love on

and around.

[Via http://thinkuntilithurts.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment