Monday, February 22, 2010

How can we have a good LGBT-Faith group dialogue : Your views please?

I received a comment asking what I think LGBT groups would want in and out of a faith-LGBT dialogue.

Before I impose my own 2-cents worth on everybody, I’ll like to invite you, my readers, to give your views?

So to everybody out there : LGBT, straight, health-freaks, conservatives,liberals, Christians, Buddhists, (all other religions), humanists etc etc

.

May I invite you to generously share your views on all or some of these questions please:

.

1. What do you think should be the objective(s) of a constructive LGBT-Faith dialogue ?

(eg, To change the minds of the ‘other’ camp? To clear up factual misconceptions? To show that we’re all humans and can be friends? To negotiate positive terms of engagements?)

.

2. What are some specific items you’ll like to include in this dialogue?

(eg, medical perspectives of sexuality? the laws of different countries? history? doctrine? etc)

.

3. Who do you think should be present at the dialogue?

(eg. doctors? lawyers? children? christians? people of different faiths? etc?)

.

4.  I respect your anonymity. However, perhaps you could share the perspective/angle you’re coming from, and tell us, What would you like people to know about you?

(eg. how you feel? struggles you had growing up? etc)

.

5. What would you like to learn through this dialogue?  or learn ABOUT through this dialogue?

.

6. Would you participate in this dialogue? why/why not? In what capacity?

(eg. as a dialogue participant? as a facilitator? as a factual info provider? as an audience? etc)

.

7. What are the necessary preconditions needed for a successful, constructive dialogue?

(eg. What attitudes? What safeguards? etc)

.

8. Any other thoughts you’ll like to share, or hear from others, on LGBT-faith dialogues?

.

I’m really looking forward to hear your thoughts, ideas, opinions.

.

If anyone would like to organise anything, feel free to share too, I’ll be happy to be involved/help in anyway I can!

THANK YOU!!!!

[Via http://mathialee.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment