Friday, February 19, 2010

Hallelujah Praise the Lord

KD Lang sums it up for me! I could write about the discrepancies in the church, the abuse and homophobia but then what would I be achieving!  I may make a big statement and change the church or I might not.   If we were ever to engage in a theological discourse and praxis in action on how GLBT people live their lives and relationships with God again we will fall into that old debate again where the mainstream church will still come out of it leading the way! Inspired by wonderful music in KD Langs rendition of Hallelujah I’m incline to say that God is very much alive and present among GLBT people all over the world. We were created in God’s perfect image and that’s all we should know Hallelujah!

I heard there was a secret chord, That David played, and it pleased the Lord. You don’t really care for music, do ya?

It goes like this. The fourth, the fifth

The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof, You saw her bathing on the roof. Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya. She tied you To a kitchen chair.  She broke your throne, and she cut your hair. And from your lips she drew Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Baby I’ve been here before, Iv’e seen this room and I’ve walked the floor, I used to live alone before i knew ya.

But I’ve seen your flag on the marble arch, Our love is not a victory march, It’s a cold and its a broken hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Maybe there’s a God above,But all I’ve ever learnt from love, Is how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya,

It’s not a cry that you  hear at night, It’s not someone whos seen the light, It’s a cold and broken hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah

[Via http://paddynoblesblog.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment