Monday, December 21, 2009

My Revolution

As of last week I turned 24, that means that there are only 359 days left until i hit the big 25. I have been joking about how I am going to have a quarter life crisis dragtastic roller rink party next year and i have decided that if i’m going to be all dramatic about it I might as well make it an even bigger deal, and give myself some things that I want to accomplish before 25. I guess some of these could be considered Birthday or New Years resolutions but those irritate me so I am going to call this my Revolution instead. A revolution because this will be the year that will change everything, that will get everything on the right track and that will be the one the I remember as the year I really lived my life and became the person I always wanted to be.

When I was 11 we had to make these books as a class with descriptions of what we thought we would be doing 10 years later. Its funny because we would have only been 21, just barely (maybe) out of college and I was all planning to be married, have a big family, and be the editor of the New York Times. (I guess I was a pretty ambitious 6th grader who obviously wasn’t too hot at math) I wanted to be a writer as well, at least have one novel published and spend all my free time locked in my apartment (something similar to Carrie’s on Sex and The City i’m sure) typing away and creating amazing works. I always assumed I would have a degree hanging from my wall in Journalism or something as equally impressive and that I would be practically famous.

Now I know this isn’t the exact life I want now but it has some aspects that I would like to accomplish and at least be on the right track to obtaining this year. I already have the amazing partner and big wonderful family. The hundred of presents under my tree just for my immediate flock is proof enough of that. While i don’t live in a huge city I do live in the biggest city in Idaho where I work downtown live on the outskirts (which don’t feel as outskirty as they used to)  where I own my home and for the most part love my home life. All i could ask for as far as improvement on the family and living situation to ask for in the next year is one to have a bit more money and not live paycheck to paycheck like we do now, and two to improve my relationship with the kids. I love being their “Bonus Mom” and already have such a great connection with them, but I want to be better at talking to them without seeming condescending and disciplining with love the way Nightrider has mastered. Being as wonderful of a parent as she is would be amazing goal for me to work toward achieving.

I just finished my first semester back at college. This is my second time around and has already proven to be much more sucessful then the first. I took two classes at night over the last semester while still working full time and managed to get A’s in both classes. I have decided that for now my current major is Sociology which I am hoping to obtain my associates in at my community college and then transfer over to the local university to either continue my path to a BA in Sociology or something as equally stimulating for me. I entered college  with the idea that I would obtain a degree in graphic design and while that still is an option for me I have fallen in love with Sociology and have put more of a focus on it as I feel it will be beneficial to my marketing, non profit, and social networking mediums. I hope before I am 25 I will be more sure of the academic direction I am going, will continue to maintain a high GPA and to have some more classes under my wing, possibly even be ready to transfer to university the spring following my birthday.

As I have mentioned before I love my employer, appreciate my job, and enjoy what I am doing. I am hoping for this year to keep enjoying my job, keep making great business contacts and to work towards generating profit for our company and hopefully obtaining a promotion from it. I want to work hard, give my all everyday and keep having fun with what I am doing. I want to handle stress better, keep positive no matter what the market  conditions bring about and leave work at work and not take the mess of a bad day home with me.

This blog, and my Stiletto Siren endeavors are also something that I consider work but definitely the best, and most fun kinds of work. I would like to post 5 days a week without fail and rebuild my web presence. I will continue to explore, sex, identity, fashion, fat acceptance and all the other things i love.  I also am working on a couple other projects that you should be hearing about soon and plan to give my all to make them a great success.

Now about my body…see if this were a set of resolutions instead of revolutions i probably would have started with this as most people do (see aren’t revolutions so much more pleasant?) Over the last year I have gone from diet obsessed, to fat acceptance, to flat out gluttony and back again. This year I am going to look at my body in a healthier way, both physically, mentally, and dieretically .  I am going to treat my body with the respect it deserves and treat it as the temple it is. I am going to begin practicing a variation on  HAES again. I am going to exercise daily in a way that not only makes me feel physically well, but also that makes me feel emotionally and spiritually connected to the world around me. I am going to eat what i love and love what I eat but do it in moderation, and learn to listen to the true cues from my body. This means eating when I am truly hungry instead of when something tempting is infront of me or out of pure boredom. I really believe that if i practice this i will get to the size my body is meant to maintain and no matter what that size is will feel great about myself, being comfortable in my skin.

For relationships I want to continue to love Nightrider all the way to my fingertips and have the same done in return. This year we will continue to love each other and learn from each other. To be each others best friends, partners in life and in crime and to always be honest with each other.

Some other revolutions that I have  are as follows

1. To learn to manage stress in a healthy way without rage, constant itching, and deviance

2. To have fun in the everyday, to laugh, enjoy, love, and be at peace with the simple things in life.

3. To look fear right in the face, grab the bull by the horns, and not let worry control my life.

4. To be the kind of person I love to be around, to be confident, happy, optimistic, and outgoing.

I think thats it for now but definitely a good start to what will be  a great year!

[Via http://mylipstickonhercollar.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment