Monday, December 21, 2009

All Things Lesbian...In Good Time

     Is it bad for me to plug the calendar instead of write an actual blog about all things lesbian? I don’t think so, and here’s why. The calendar models are all lesbians. So get off your high horse and come on down to where the rest of us live. Instead of spewing all that feminist rhetoric all over me, buy a calendar and support the lesbians who deserve to have a calendar of their own too.  

     And just so you can say you donated something this year, you can soothe your aching conscience about that lousy pittance you dropped in the Salvation Army pot, since we’re donating a portion of the proceeds. What was it, a quarter you gave to the girl ringing that bell and smiling at you as you left the mall? You can be really cheap and purchase a downloadable calendar for only $3.99. Or you can go for broke and buy the hard copy for $12.99. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this calendar will benefit the Atlanta Lesbian Health Initiative.

     Bravo for the women who put themself out there and wanted to be on the calendar. All flavors of lesbos are represented. We have a broad age range and a diverse representation of butches, femmes and tweeners. Bold women turn me on and this bunch of women are effervescent, practically glowing with charisma. You can do whatever you like. Each month can be downloaded for only $1.99 if you want to go that route. It is Christmas, so layaway makes sense, I guess. Of course, you’ll pay more that way. But, hey. It’s your money. What am I your Mama?  I don’t think so! Clark Howard might jump in at any moment and scold you, but I doubt our calendar has come to his attention yet.

     I am the superstitious sort and I truly believe that having this calendar of guardian angels share the year with me will greatly improve my lot in life. Don’t get me wrong. I have always enjoyed the calendars my mom gives me each year, the ones with the kittens in all their adorable glory. But change is good I hear. I’m willing to take a walk on the wild side, for the sake of hanging out with lesbians more and honoring them.

     So, deal with it already. I’m American. I have the right to plug something I believe in. Wait ’til you see the January Calendar model. Dylan is a woman you don’t want to miss. And she rides bikes. No, not bicycles, although there’s nothing wrong with that. But motorcycles definitely give off better vibrations, if you know what I mean. Wink…Wink…

[Via http://lesbianwink.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment