Wednesday, December 16, 2009

forwarding address

I won’t go

I can’t give you up

even with your fists curled so tight like rose buds

even with your lips sealed so tight like an envelope

I won’t go

I can’t give you up

even with this room quiet like a church

even with that door open like a question

we should’ve built a card house

it would’ve been slower

it would’ve taken delicate motion to place each queen of hearts

careful precision to place each ace of spades

we would’ve walked lightly on the ground around it

but instead we built this house

and our voices vibrated the walls

and our heavy steps cracked the foundation but

I won’t go

I won’t give you up

even if this roof is leaking

even if these walls aren’t insulated

please let your rosebuds fists bloom and unfold please let your envelope lips break their seal and I promise I’ll read every word this time I’ll weigh every sentence this time I’ll value every verb this time

and after

if you still want me to

I’ll go

I’ll give you up

[Via http://mayjaybird.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment