Wednesday, December 16, 2009

december

So, we are taking December off from trying. Things are too stressful at work for Brooke and the holidays in general. I think also we never expected this whole thing to be so hard on us emotionally. This weekend we went to visit some friends in Vancouver, BC. and their one year old boy. They are a lesbian couple who went through the same stuff we are now going through. I think it was just what we needed. Brooke let loose and even drank some wine. I was kind of floored. She had given up caffeine and alcohol since we started trying. But I think she really was overdue for a glass of wine. I am so floored at their health care. You know people are so opinionated about health care in the states, whether or not they should have it. People act as though Canada is some communist country with their health care. But they had great care with the birth and all of the insemination were tax deductible for them. In order for ours to be tax deductible it has to be 7.8% of our annual income. And I just found out yesterday my insurance won’t allow me to put Brooke on it because we can’t get married. The whole system is just fundamentally flawed. Somehow it will all work out. I think I am ready to start thinking about babies again. We had so much fun spending time with their little boy. I think it reminded me how excited I am to be a mom. For Brooke I think it was nice for her to talk to a lesbian mom who had to go through the same stuff she has to go through. We definitely have our hetero friends with babies that have been good. But it is definitely not the same thing we have to go through. Too bad we can’t just go back to the old turkey baster!

[Via http://ansboro.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment