Monday, December 21, 2009

Understood

Outside my comfort zone is where I’m headed.  Told my therapist that I plan on switching it up with her now that I have a new job to start in a few weeks, so I want her to give me homework that forces me to do and check into new ways of meeting people.  The first thing that I am doing is making food at these women’s house twice a month that benefits homeless people.  She and her partner have been together for years, and my former office partner thinks that they will be a good connection for me.  Anyone is going to be a good connection for me if I did not meet her in a bar…

However, I need to give my spare time and do something productive with it.  I want to connect with people with whom I have something in common.  So, I’m also going to play kickball in the spring.  Telling my therapist that I also plan to make cold calls to professional organizations to meet other women, which is true was scary, but will also be what I am doing this New Year.

Caring about people is normal for me.  Indifference and apathy is bizarre and not me.  The lesson yielded from my summer fling was just that.  It’s not me–flings.  I still care for the woman who broke my heart too, and that sucks because she is so casual when she sees me and I have to see her this week.  I’m having drinks with my old boss, who she knows, and she wants to come too.  It will be interesting to say the least, but makes me feel better because I at least still care for her two years later.

That is it.  My leg of the journey is understood.  I want to connect.  I want a girlfriend.  I want to be productive with my time and fill it with what I like.

[Via http://74tomboy.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment