Monday, December 21, 2009

I've Learned

I saw a rainbow…

It stood so… suspended between clouds and radiant against the light blue sea of clouds.

I inhale deeply and smile.

I’ve come to love her like my next breath.

I’ve come to hold onto her sleeve in my sleep so that she won’t leave my side.

“Where are you going?” I ask waking up from a deep sleep, holding tight to her.

“To the bathroom.” She responds, and I let go. And I wait. With my eyes closed. To pretend I’m sleeping but I’m only waiting for her to lay back next to me.

I push my but against her stomach; we lay like spoons in the silverware drawer.

I am sleeping. Dreaming. Smelling and feeling her.

I saw a rainbow.

It stood so… suspended between clouds and radiant against the light blue sea of clouds.

I inhale deeply and smile because I’ve come to love her like my next breath.

[Via http://sabrinall.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment