Monday, December 28, 2009

Personal Style Starts With Personal Scent

As I was lotioning, spritzing and what not this morning I got thinking about what they way you smell says about who you are. Scent is a part of your personal style and in some cases it is the starting point. Some of us, especially those with split personalities like myself may not have just one signature scent, but having atleast one is important. I myself stagger between about 80% of the time in Vera Wang Princess, and 20& of the time in Armani Mania, when push comes to shove and i’m low on cash and out of perfume I will give in and dip into Armani Diamonds but since its not my fave its more of an emergency scent. 

It is important when finding your signature scent to not only find a scent that you think smells great and that you are accustomed to by to also find a scent that plays off your personality, style, passions and traits. Scent is one of the greates senses to create memory and you want your signature scent to not only show people how great you smell but to help them remember you for being uplifting, calming, sensual, classy or simply you!

For  me Vera Wang Princess is my signature scent, sure I play around a bit every now and then but I’ve been wearing Vera for a couple years now and couldn’t live without it . I don’t like my perfumes to flowery, or too musky so this is a perfect note for me. It is a delicate scent with a classy and sophisicated feel too it, it is femmine like I am but a dressed up feminine. Sometimes a scent that is too flowery or fruity makes me think of a little girl playing dress up but Vera Wang Princess has the right amount of feminie quality with just a hint of a musk to make me feel like a grown woman who know how to dress, look put together no matter what and can always rock some heels and a strand of pearls.

Now lets say you are a sporty girl a bit of tomboy maybe or, maybe just a no frills chick, your signature scent might just be something clean and fresh, almost like a clean laundry scent or a sunkissed simplicity. Perfumes that might rock your socks would be Philosophy’s Amazing Grace, Marc Jacobs Amber, or Blanche by Byredo.

Going for and uber femme floral scent? Something elegant and all girl? Your might want to try Ralph by Ralph Lauren, or Beautiful By Estee Lauder. If you want to consider something a bit more modern Lovely By Sarah Jessica Parker is also a great floral scent with just a hint of musk that is pefect for the Modern Woman just like SJP.

If you are looking for more of a sensual passionate scent you will want something a little more musky. A signature scent for you is something that demands attention and that seducts your admirers. Scents like Prada by Prada or Emporio Armani Night for Her and my personal favorite when I’m trying to catch me a sexy dyke Armani Mania.

Now since this is a sometimes lesbian blog I can’t touch on the subject of signature scents without talking a bit about cologne’s for our dykey counterparts (men this is also a good lesson for you on smelling SEXY). We call this boy spray in our house and while a signature scent may not be as imparitive you do still need to give picking the right smell for you some thought. Nightrider wears Armani Code when shes feeling fancy but for the most part sticks with a clean and inexpensive spray like the original Axe scent. She also wears Clinique Happpy For Men from time to time but mostly just to appease me, it is a tad to citrisy and femmie for her.  is also a great scent for any man that is loved by most of the women I know.

So now go dab on some of that favorite scent, help make yourself memorable to the nostrils you come in contact with and if you havent nailed down the perfect scent for you keep testing, its worth it when you find your signature!

[Via http://mylipstickonhercollar.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment