Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Start! Project 1

Project 1 – It’s nearly New Year’s and I’ll be spending most of the weekend with friends watching college football. Lots of college football. And any armchair quarterback knows that the only thing better than watching football is watching football while grubbing on lots of tasty food. My best friend is pregnant, and doesn’t love football, but she’s being a good sport because she loves her wife. And for that, she got her choice of desserts: brownies, rice krispy treats, or cupcakes. She chose cupcakes.     

Which leads us to this moment, where I find myself writing this first blog entry, and flipping between recipe pages and pictures of cutesy tasty cupcakes. I’m looking to do a few flavors without making a huge gang of cupcakes, so I’m looking at some small batch recipes (what a fantastic idea!). I’ll pick two or three flavors, yellow cake for me, chocolate for bff, and a third, yet to be determined. I’m not going cutesy, that’s not me, and certainly not right for a lesbian football weekend (not these lesbians anyways). But I am going for rich, moist, from scratch cupcakes to wow the crowd. Recipe finding and shopping today, baking commences tomorrow, pics to follow. Wish me luck!    

Cliché dyke moment – Bowl game picks/observations:   

1.  The coporate bowl names are getting a little silly – ex: Michigan State University (my alma mater, GO GREEN!!) is playing in the Valero Alamo Bowl….what does that mean?? Michigan State over Texas Tech (with or without Mike Leach).   

2.  I’m excited to see the Oregon Ducks play in the Rose Bowl, even if it is against sucky Ohio State. Oregon over OSU.   

3.  Penn State/LSU should be a good one, who doesn’t love Joe Pa?? Gotta go Penn State over LSU.   

4.  Iowa over Georgia Tech, for mom’s alma mater.   

5. National Championship…Texas vs. Alabama…not a fan of Nick Saban, but I do like ‘Bama. Yeah, Alabama over Texas.

[Via http://dykegoesdomestic.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment