Monday, December 14, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to LGBT Custody Support. I created this blog as a resource for LBGT families who have gone through a separation or divorce. In my own process of separating from my ex and establishing custody of our daughter, I realized that while many of the issues I faced were common to any family undergoing this painful process, quite a few experiences were unique. Even among LGBT families, there is a multiplicity of experiences so I do not claim that this site will be a one-size-fits-all resource. My hope is that it might give a voice to the varied and creative ways that lesbians, gays, bisexuals and trans individuals navigate the reconstruction of their families post-divorce. I have found little on the web so far that paints a picture of this.

So whether you are happily co-parenting, engaged in a custody battle, or a single LGBT parent, my hope is that there will be something here that helps you. This site is open to biological parents, adoptive parents, or parents without legal ties to their child(ren).

If you would like to share your story, please send an email to lgbtcustody@gmail.com. Anonymity is assured.

[Via http://lgbtcustody.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment