Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bisexuality..has been a trend

I read an article in my University’s newspaper today (Howard University to be exact. *Howard Hand* wooop! wooop!) Ok that’s enough now. Any who, it begged the question “Is bisexuality becoming a new trend?” or something to that effect. I laughed, because bisexuality has been a trend for the past 5 years. I know when I was in high school girls were “coming out the closet” left and right. Although, only about 10% of the girls were telling the truth ..smh. But it was still a trend back then. It would be a better question to ask whether or not it’s a trend to be straight these days.

I just can’t see sexual orientation as being a trend. That’s kinda messed up if you think about it. It’s like saying being clinically obese is a trend. Being clinically obese is never a favorable option and most people who are clinically obese probably can’t help it.

In my opinion bisexuality is not a trend, because I don’t think people can choose who they are attracted to. It’s funny though, because some girls say things like “I’m not gay, I just want to see how it is to be with a girl” They will swear up and down that they are as straight as a line. No sweetie..you have a label as well..its call BI-CURIOUS.

I want some thoughts from you though. How do you feel about bisexuality? Is it a choice or is it something that just is? Do you feel bisexual people are just trying to play both sides of the field? I just want imput!

xoxo TiffaneyDanielle

[Via http://tiffaneydanielle.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment