Friday, January 29, 2010

Pleasing Your Lesbian - Giving Good Wife

     It’s no secret that my current girlfriend and I got off to a rocky start. In fact, it was the rockiest beginning I’ve ever encountered. In the past, the real drama didn’t start for at least a year or so into the relationship, after a proper honeymoon period of fabulous sex and cool dates. From this explanation, I bet you’re already worried about my future. After all, who fights that first couple of months? No worries, my friend. I’ve figured some things out.

     Here are a few of the things that I’m doing that seem to please her, in case you’re curious about such things. I have my suspicions, that these same strategies may work on all other types of humans too, but can’t be sure. Since making her happy, makes me happy, it’s all good. As angelic as this blog will make me sound, don’t be overly impressed. I do these things for selfish reasons; I want to be happy and live in peace.

     The first thing I do every day is the hardest for me and in my opinion qualifies me for sainthood. Even though I am self-employed and could sleep in until noon everyday if I wanted to, I am getting up with my wife at O ‘Dark Thirty in the morning (about 6:15am), and making her coffee, while she races around the house to get ready to be a teacher. I also feed the four dogs and find missing keys and do other chores to help my beloved get ready.

     She’s not a morning person. In fact, she is about as opposite of a morning person as I have encountered. Given that fact, it is amazing to me that she took this thankless job where you have to be at work by 7:50am every morning, with your lesson plans complete and your nerves prepared for the onslaught of High School kids. You understand why she appreciates my morning gesture now, don’t you.

     Another way I’ve found to give good wife is to keep my mouth shut more often. I’m prone to arguing as I love a good debate. Unfortunately, not everyone does. It seems that some people have learned how to disagree with no negative consequences. That would not be the two of us. I have learned to save my urge to debate for other people, preferably people I don’t sleep with. This is working out much better.

     By far, the biggest thing I have changed in the way I interact with my wife is that I have stopped trying to control what she does. In particular, she is interested in adoption. I was not, at first. Having a child is the single biggest thing she wants. We fought over this, and then I had a rational moment and realized that if I deprived her of this dream by saying, “NO,” then I was doomed. She would always see me as the one that took her dream away. With life as uncertain as it is, no one can say for sure what will happen. This fourteen year old girl may be a blessing to both of us. I actually like kids. They just scare me sometimes. So I am taking a chance I would normally not take myself, and supporting my sweetheart in her decision.

     I know what you’re thinking. You’re calling me names. PU_ _Y-WHIPPED is what you called me. You may be right. But in the scheme of things, aren’t we all suffering from that condition, as lesbians, I mean. So you go ahead and call me names, and I’ll smile all the way to the bedroom, where I’ll have mind-blowing sex because my wife is happy and as stress-free as I can help her be, at least for now, and until the adoption goes through. One day at a time, right. All we ever have is the day we’re currently living. That is my new way of looking at life. This new perspective seems to make sense for me. I’ll check back in with you if things change. You know I will. Blogs rule!

[Via http://lesbianwink.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment